Project #1 See that piles of garbage are collected in a timely manner preventing a health hazard, as well as creating a positive aesthetic to tourism.
Post who is the responsible person in charge so neighborhood watch folk can ensure the streets are cleaned with a simple phone call.
1) Survey other public areas in need of trash cans and trash removal. 2) install parking meters to help pay for the trash removal.
The garbage cans along the street to the parking area have garbage deposited by beach goers, but then the bagged garbage is left for weeks. Dogs rip the bags apart, the garbage gets picked up again into the can, waiting for removal to the landfill.
- Is the resident garbage collectors responsible for beach trash?
- If not, what government agency is in charge?
- This is certainly a negative to tourists visiting for the first time.
- Involved are all the cans along this stretch of road.
- Who does one call to report this?
- How often is the trash supposed to be picked up? (Ideally as needed)
This is 2-23-2011
Same garbage 3-6-2011
Monday, March 14, 2011 the can is still not picked up.